According to Greek mythology, Mykonos was created by the dead bodies of the Giants. Nowadays, Mykonos, located in the Aegean Sea, serves as epic party scene but also as a Greek cultural heritage with its iconic white-washed stone buildings, typical of the Cyclades islands.
Famous for its celebrity sightings, glamor and glitz reputation, magical beaches and great nightlife, Mykonos is among the most popular Greek islands. Hold on though, there is so much more to the island than first meets the eye.
Mykonos is not only for the party goers; it’s an island that offers gourmet food, cultural activities, and romantic holidays.
It’s a great destination for solo travelers, couples, and families with many things to do.
– What to do in Mykonos –
Whether your vacation in Mykonos will be a friends gathering, a romantic getaway or a family holiday, there are so many incredible activities to choose during the daytime.
For those who want to make their day just as exciting as their evening plans, we’ve put together a list of the coolest things to do before the sun goes down.
• Visit the Windmills in Chora
• Have a drink in little Venice
• Walk around Chora’s alleyways
• Go window-shopping on Chora’s luxury, top fashion stores
• Take a boat trip to the archaeological site of Delos
• Stroll around the old port
• Meet Peter the Pelekan in Mykonos
• Visit the 60 churches in Chora
• Explore the island’s magical beaches
• Admire the scenic view from Armenistis Lighthouse
• And of course….. Join the nightlife party!